The TILOS mission is to make impossible optimizations possible, at scale and in practice. Our research will pioneer learning-enabled optimizations that transform chip design, robotics, networks and other use domains that are vital to our nation’s health, prosperity and welfare.
TILOS is a National Science Foundation funded National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Institute.
TILOS is a partnership of faculty from University of California, San Diego, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, National University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Texas at Austin, and Yale University. TILOS will pioneer learning-enabled optimizations that transform chip design, robotics, communication networks, and other use domains that are vital to our nation’s health, prosperity and welfare. Foundational Research will pursue five main pillars.
- Bridging discrete and continuous optimization.
- Distributed, parallel, and federated optimization.
- Optimization on manifolds.
- Dynamic decisions under uncertainty.
- Nonconvex optimization in deep learning.
Statement of Values
- We are a community of cross-disciplinary scholarship, creativity and curiosity, and value the pursuit of knowledge, the advancement of technology, and professional development.
- We are a community of integrity and character that values what is honorable and honest addressing real societal needs and grand challenges.
- We are an inclusive and engaged community of diverse people and perspectives that values and seeks out different viewpoints and styles of thinking.